Wednesday, January 14, 2015

harbhajan mann biography

Harbhajan Mann was born on 30th of December 1965 in Bathinda. He is the loving son of S. Harnek Singh and Late Srd. Dalip Kaur. He has 4 brothers and 3 sisters and he is 6th amongst them.
In 1980, Harbhajan Mann started singing as an amature singer and performed in local shows for South Asian community while he was attending his higher schooling in Canada. He started his career as professional singer in 1992 when he was Punjab and his recording for “Chithiye Nee Chithiye” was released. The song made a regional success.
In one of his interview with BBC(UK) he quoted that,” When I was a child my family used to visit our local gurdwara in the Village. I was truly inspired by one of the Tardis there called Baba Karnail Singh. My little brother Gursewak and I used to always watch him to do kirtan and from then I started to learn from him. The First step was when I asked is he would be my GURU. He said Yes and started to teach me. Then we moved to Canada and I used to sing at Community shows and from then I got Some recognition. From then I started getting light classical training from ‘Shiek Hamed”and “Balbir Singh Bandhu’. My First break was in 1992 with “Chithiye Nee Chithiye”. The response was so good that I felt great.”
After the huge success from “Chithiye Nee Chithiye” , his albums released “Vadhaiyan Jee Vadhaiyan” and “Jag Jeondeyan De Mele” were released and 1999 his voice entered the mainstream.
With the help of Indian Media MTV India and T-series, Harbhajan Mann’s album “Oye Hoye”got awesome success in 1999. And from then his voice got recognition all over the India.
There are around 12 albums under his name and he has also worked with famous music directors such Sukhshinder Shinda, Charanjit Ahuja and Jaidev Kumar. He gave hits like Satrangi Peengh (2003)-a song with his little brother Gursewak Mann who himself is a renowned Punjabi singer, Dil Dol Gaya (2005), Mauj Mastiyan (2007), Nazran Miliyan (2008) and Main Wari Wari (2010).
Harbhajan Mann did not only concentrated on his singing passion but he also groomed himself as a Punjabi actor. He starred, produced and sung in 7 Punjabi movies including Jee Aayan Nu (2002), Asa Nu Maan Watna Da (2004), Dil Apna Punjabi (2006), Mitti Wajaan Maardi (2007), Mera Pind- My Home (2008), Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009), the most popular movie Heer-Ranjha (2010) and Just Punjabi (2010).
Harbhajan Mann is married to Harmandeep kaur in 1990. Harmandeep kaur is the daughter of Karnail Paras Ramoowalia, Harbhajan’s first guru and niece of Politician Kulwant Singh Ramoowalia. He has three kids (2 son and 1 daughter) namely Avkash, Sahar and Meher. He loves to spend his free time with his family and children. He loves to have simple “dal-Roti” and loves to enjoy “Kheer”. He visits gym on regular bases in Mohali. When he’s doing nothing, he spends his time with his friends.

Please check my other best content on Social media learn more about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts